Now that it’s summer and the warm weather is finally here, you can start to enjoy doing all of your favorite outdoor activities. And if you’re into kayaking or camping, then you know that this kind of outdoor recreation requires specific tools and supplies – including rope.
Here’s how you can use QNR rope for kayaking and camping:
For the new summer season, it’s a good idea to check all of your old kayaking supplies and see if anything needs to be replaced.
One item that is particularly important for kayaking is the deck line. It has two main purposes:
1. Static Deck Line
The static deck line provides grab-holds with which you can move and secure your kayak.
For a deck line with ultimate flexibility and security, try our polyester rope boating cordage.
At QNR, you can find polyester rope in a variety of different colors to give your kayak your own, personal touch. Looking for something extra special? You can even use reflective rope to create your kayak static deck line.
Find your favorite boating cordage for your kayak’s static deck line here.
2. Bungee Deck Line
Next, a kayak’s bungee deck line creates places for storage. For example, you can use it to securely stow gear and paddles when not in use.
When replacing your kayak’s old bungee deck line, take this opportunity to customize your kayak! Search our wide selection of different colors and sizes of bungee at QNR to find your perfect match.
Choose from over a dozen different solid color options. Or, for something really special, try our multi-colored Speckjack bungee. (This cord features two different colors twisted together for a unique look.)
All of the bungee cords at QNR are manufactured with first-use latex rubber, so you can count on their high performance and long life.
Browse all of our bungee deck lines.
While camping is a really fun outdoor activity, it can also sometimes be a bit of a challenge. Fortunately, the rope at QNR can help you with these more arduous tasks, so that you can focus on the fun!
1. Guy Lines
A guy line helps to create the frame for your tent – so it’s important to have a rope that is strong, sturdy, and reliable. The next time you go camping, make sure you start your trip with a fresh, newly replaced guy line.
At QNR, you can find polyester guy lines in 8 different colors.
Why should you go for the colored rope? Besides being a little bit more fun, a colored rope offers distinct advantages:
- Mark your territory. Want to make your tent feel like a home-away-from-home? A colorful polyester rope will add a custom touch to your tent.
- See clearly. A black or brown rope can easily get lost amongst the ground’s debris. But a bright orange or neon yellow rope is clearly visible, so you’re less likely to accidentally trip on it.
- Find your way home. Go one step beyond simply choosing a colored rope and use one of our Shine Line reflective cords (available in 4 colors). These ropes will reflect the light from your flashlight and help you to find your way back to your tent at night.
2. Utility Cords
Utility cords are a must-have for your next camping trip. These polyester cords are efficient, reliable, multi-use products that can help you out in a pinch when you’re out in the woods camping.
What can you use a utility cord for?
- Create some shade. When you need a break from the sun, the utility cords at QNR will come in handy. Hang one of these ropes between two trees and use a piece of tarp to create some shade.
Find all of the tarp you need for your camping trip here.
Then, learn more about the Best Uses for Tarp and How to Secure and Install It.
- Make a clothesline. Nobody wants to be stuck camping with a bag full of wet, dirty clothes. To eliminate this problem, hang up a utility cord between trees to create a makeshift clothesline at your campsite.
- String up a “bear bag.” When you’re camping, it’s important to keep your food (and even your trash) safe and secure – and away from bears!
You can use one of our utility cords to string up a “bear bag” and protect your food from unwanted visitors. (Best practice recommends hanging your “bear bag” 12 feet off the ground and 6 feet from the tree’s trunk.)
Before you get ready to dive into your favorite outdoor summer activities, make sure you are fully equipped with all of the supplies you need.
For kayaking and camping, for example, you’re going to need a variety of different ropes. Fortunately, you can find everything you need at Quality Nylon Rope!
Check out our full selection of polyester bungee cords and polyester ropes.
Still not sure what kind of rope you need to do the job for your outdoor recreation?
Contact us with any questions.
Visit QNR to see more.